Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Middle Names

Yesterday, Kate was asking me about middle names. She wanted to know her cousins' middle names. I wondered if she even knew her own middle name, so we talked about that for a while.

Katelyn Paige...

Emma Reese...

Then Kate says "I wish my middle name was Grandma Kathy".

What???

Kate goes on to explain to me that Grammy is her first name, and Grandma Kathy is her middle name. Don't you know that, Mommy? You need to talk to Daddy. He knows.

Apparently I just got schooled by a four year old. At least she thinks so.

(this all started because Eric read stories on Monday night and Tuesday is book sharing day at school. The girls brought the books that Daddy read, which were gifts from Grammy on their very first Christmas when they were only 10 days old. This was all before we started calling her Grammy, so her inscription on the books says that they are from Grandma Kathy.)

3 comments:

NIKOL said...

So cute!

Incidentally, when (if?) I become a grandmother, I hope I can be called Grammy, too. It's my favorite of all grandma nicknames.

Tricia said...

Well duh?!? It all makes sense to me! How cute though. Mark's Mom is Grammy too :)!

Jessica and Sean said...

Haha, I love the comments little kids make. Too funny!